Much to my surprise, after being rained out earlier in the day, 10 of us showed up to play at 11am. We chose teams and played a Captain’s Choice format. Here are the results from Wednesday, Nov 26th:
Front: Team Carey 30
Back: Teams Burns, Carey, and McCarter 32 (tie)
Overall: Team Carey 62
Birdies or better – #11 & #14 Team Carey, #16 Team Burns, #18 Team McCarter
Greenies #6, #11, & #15 Team Carey, #9 Team Burns
JUST SPOKE TO COURSE AND OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE WET, WET, WET. We will cancel normal humpday hackers play but I will be up there about 11am to see if anyone wants to make a try of it.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Let’s not forget, we are playing at 9:30 on TUESDAY, Dec 16th. The Christmas Captain’s choice tournament will be on Wed., the 17th. All are urged to play on both days!
25 brave souls competed on a frigid morning playing “Captain’s Choice”, a cold weather format change. The results were:
Front – Team Quinones 32, Team Carey 33, Team McCarter & Team May 34 (tie)
Back – Team Quinones, Team McCarter & Team Webb 33 (3-way tie)
Overall – Team Quinones 65, Team McCarter & Team Carey 67 (tie)
Birdies or better – #8 Team Carey, #9 Team McCarter, #14 Team Webb, #15 Team Burns
Greenies – #6 Team Quinones, #9, #11, & #15 Team McCarter
Forecast for Wednesday the 19th is bbrrrrrrrrrrr… VG will probably cover the greens Tuesday evening but have them ready for us by 9:30 Wednesday. Looks like we are gonna separate the men from the boys!
“Blind Partner Draw” 4-man teams
Payne, P Wood, Brock & Roberts – 295, Hood, Carney, Casey & Trench – 299
Tucker, May, Parris & Knight – 301
Dyslin, Melton, Velice & Martinez – 305, Quinones, Hope, D Collins & Rice – 305 (tie)
Birdies & Better: #5 R May (eagle), #7 Casey, #9 R Collins, #10 & #16 J Wingo, #14 McCarter
Greenies: #6 – Gray, #9 – Koehler, #11 – Quinones, #15 – Quinones
Looking good for this week!
High: 70 °F
2014/2015 Cool Weather Seniors Formats and Rules
Effective 11/5/14 through 3/25/15
1st Wednesday: “Team Competition”, Best two (2) scores for each hole. Scoring is by gross scoring. Prizes for: Best Front, back, & total. All ties are shared. Each player must score at least two (2) holes per side (nine holes).
2nd Wednesday: “Blind Partner Draw”, Teams will be chosen by clubhouse while on course. Total net score of team. (Team size based on attendance). Choose your own foursome!
3rd Wednesday: “Texas Scramble” Team chooses best drive then all players play individual ball to the hole. Team scores with best two scores for each hole. Scoring is by gross scoring. Prizes for: Best Front, back, & total. All ties are shared. Each player must score at least two (2) holes per side (nine holes).
4th Wednesday: “Individual NET score” (Handicap Group Competition). Individual competes with total net score (gross score minus handicap). Choose your own foursome!
5th Wednesday: “Captain’s Choice”, Standard Captains Choice Format. Each team player’s drive must be used once per side (nine holes). Total Score. (This will also be default format on cold/inclement weather days).
Birdie & Better Pot is awarded through elimination format.
- Teams will be drawn by “A” player blind drawer (balls in a hat) or off handicap sheet, whichever appropriate considering attendees & format.
- All players must register and pay prior to teeing off. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to 1st tee time of 9:30am.
- Rolling ball within 12” in the rough and fairway is permissible as long as sight/flight line to the hole is not improved by such movement. A ball being played from a hazard must not be moved. (Extreme weather/course conditions may require a modification of this rule and this will be discussed prior to play).
- All “out of bounds” balls must be re-hit from original location and the player is penalized both stroke and distance.
- There will be no “GIMMES.” All putts must be played to the hole with all strokes counting up to a triple bogey (see 7 below). No exceptions please!
- “Greenies” are awarded only when a player pars the hole. Therefore, do not lift prior player’s marker until you have secured your par. Last group will bring in all markers.
- Please pick up ball after triple bogey attempt and score a triple bogey on the scorecard.
**Please try to arrive by 9am so teams may be chosen in a timely manner. Keep pace with group in front of you, lead groups should play in no more than 4 hrs. & 20 min., and report to scorer’s table with completed score card prior to unloading in parking lot. Thanks for your cooperation!